[rancid] Daily Difference Digest?

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:57:17 UTC 2013

On 23 October 2013 09:35, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon at gmail.com> wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge rancid doesn't do that natively. It would be
> hard to code it, as rancid uses the classic method to send mail: print
> text and pipe it to a mailer.

It depends on what functionality you wanted. If you wanted all rancid
emails to be a daily digest then it would be easy. Edit he rancid
script that echo's to "| mail" (I forget which script it is but I've
changed it before easily enough) and add an "if" statement, "if hour
== 5.30pm, echo $changed | mail" - Assume you finished at 5.30pm each
day and that is when you want your rancid emails to come through. I
have rancid run every hour, so "if time > 5pm < 6pm; send the email".

Cheers,
James.