[rancid] Can't connect to Enterasys via SSH

Victor Ruiz victor.ruiz at satec.es
Fri Oct 18 11:57:45 UTC 2013

Hi, Thank for the reply;

When I try to do login with rivlogin the follow error appear:

rancid at monrancid1:~/bin$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/rivlogin -f /usr/local/rancid/.cloginrc b5b1.XXXX
Trying 10.XX.XX.XX...

ERROR: device closed telnet connection during login
rancid at monrancid1:~/bin$

But if I run the command: "/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin -c "show config" b5b1.XXXX" run properly:

 rancid at monrancid1:~/bin$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin -c "show config" b5b1.XXXX             b5b1.XXXX
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin b5b1.XXXX
admin at b5b1.infojobs's password:

Enterasys B5
Command Line Interface

Enterasys Networks, Inc.
9 Northeastern Boulevard
Salem, NH 03079 U.S.A.

Phone: +1 603 952 5000
E-mail: support at enterasys.com
WWW: http://www.enterasys.com

(c) Copyright Enterasys Networks, Inc. 2013
#webview
!

#width
!
end

I suppose that this is because the rivlogin haven't option to connect via SSH.

I copy the clogin to entlogin and rivrancid to entranced and I include the entlogin inside racid-fe as new device, with this configuration I can login in the Enterasys device but in the logfile the message appear:

Trying to get all of the configs.
b5b1.XXXX: missed cmd(s): show config
b5b1.XXXX: End of run not found
!