[rancid] managing supermicro switches.

Jason Welsh jwelsh at livegamer.com
Thu Nov 7 19:50:41 UTC 2013

so im using the rancid-3.0a3 and ive gotten it to run, but it doesnt
seem to be working.. all I see in the logs is

starting: Thu Nov 7 11:27:52 PST 2013

ending: Thu Nov 7 11:27:52 PST 2013

rancid at srv01 ~:$ bin/clogin  -c"sh ver" backbone
backbone
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l jwelsh backbone
jwelsh at backbone's password:

                  Supermicro Switch

backbone#
backbone# terminal length 0
% Invalid Command
backbone# terminal width 132
% Invalid Command
backbone#  sh ver
Switch ID       Hardware Version                Firmware Version
0               SSE-X24 B   (P3-01)             1.0.3-2
backbone#exit
Received disconnect from 10.11.12.13: 2: Connection Closed
rancid at srv01 ~:$ bin/clogin -V
rancid 3.0a3
rancid at srv01 ~:$

individual commands seem to run fine, but when i run
bin/rancid-run
it comes back to the prompt quickly and shows the above (nothing) in the
logs

regards,
Jason