[rancid] clogin vs. ascii-art banners with ####es

Alexander Bochmann ab at lists.gxis.de
Wed Nov 6 11:07:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just upgraded our ancient RANCID installation (2.3.2a8) to 2.3.8, and it
seems enable-mode detection in clogin now barfs on a couple of login banners
that contain ascii-art made from hash signs. (Yes, I know, those should be easy
to change, but it seems login ascii-art is serious business...)

clogin doesn't detect that it's not in enable mode yet when hitting such a
banner, and just starts sending commands, although there still is a > prompt...

The logic in clogin has changed enough between those two versions that I
neither understand why that used to work in 2.3.2, nor why it doesn't now...

Any hints what I could tweak to get around this problem?

Best regards,

Alex Bochmann