[rancid] Issues with Dell Switches -

Randy Johnson randy.johnson at rpiprint.com
Tue May 28 20:51:44 UTC 2013

Greetings, List:

I'm attempting to use Rancid for a couple Dell switches, 'PowerConnect 6248P' models.
After a bit of research, I found RickyNinja's 'extensions' to Rancid, and added in 'dlogin', 'drancid' and added a line to rancid-fe indicating that Rancid should use 'drancid' :

    'dell'              => 'drancid',

It appears to be working up to this point, but when trying rancid-run, my logs indicate:

opened network stream from 10.4.1.2 if () at /usr/local/rancid/bin/drancid line 221.
wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
    while executing
"set do_command 0 set do_script 0"
    (file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/dlogin" line 26)
found_end = 0, clean_run = 0
10.4.1.2: missed cmd(s): show version,show running-config,show vlan
10.4.1.2: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
opened network stream from 10.4.1.2 if () at /usr/local/rancid/bin/drancid line 221.
wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
    while executing
"set do_command 0 set do_script 0"
    (file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/dlogin" line 26)
found_end = 0, clean_run = 0
10.4.1.2: missed cmd(s): show version,show running-config,show vlan
10.4.1.2: End of run not found
!

Has anyone seen this / solved it ?

Thanks !!

NOTICE: The information contained in this communication (including attachments) may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system.