[rancid] Fortigate problem

Charles van der Spuy charlesvds at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 10:24:19 UTC 2013

I hope someone can assist me.

I have recently upgraded to rancid 2.3.8 and this seems to have broken
the Fortigate module.
Cisco devices still work and I am able to manually login to Fortigate
devices using clogin.

When I run the full rancid-run I get the following in the logfile:

*Trying to get all of the configs.**
**ftg1-universal fnlogin error: Error: Couldn't login: ftg1-universal**
**ftg1-universal: missed cmd(s): show full-configuration,get system status**
**0: found end**
**ftg1-universal: End of run not found*
etc.....

I'm getting to the end of my tether on this one and don't want to have
to degrade to an earlier version.
Has anybody been experiencing the same ?

Charles van der Spuy.