[rancid] The reoccurring question - Cisco ASA Login failures

Danica L Alcaraz Danica_Alcaraz at fd.org
Tue Mar 5 22:30:16 UTC 2013

I copied the clogin file to a backup, changed the line in clogin you
suggested and ran rancid.  SUCCESS!  It doesn't appear to have created a
problem for any of my other cisco devices.  Now I can include all the ASA's
without a problem.  Thanks again Peo!

Here's the change suggested by Peo:

 diff clogin clogin_special
> 350c350
> <           set retval [catch {eval spawn [split "$cmd -c $cyphertype -x
> -l $user $router" { }]} reason]
> ---
>   >           set retval [catch {eval spawn [split "$cmd -c $cyphertype
> -x -l" { }] \"$user\" $router } reason]

Sincerely,

Danica Alcaraz
Network Administrator
ODS-ITD NITOAD Branch
Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
7550 IH 10 West, Suite 200
San Antonio, Texas 78229-5821
Direct:  (210) 308-3217
Fax:  (210) 308-3225