[rancid] End of run not found on telnet

Gary Douglas GM-Douglas at wiu.edu
Wed Jun 5 14:22:29 UTC 2013

I have rancid 2.3.6 up an running on Ubuntu server. All devices are Cisco. SSH is working fine. When I try run rancid on switches that only support telnet, I get the following error.

switch: missed cmd(s): write term,show running-config
switch: End of run not found

clogin works great to these switches. I though it might be the expect problem. I downloaded and installed expect-5.43.0_hack.tar.bz2 and tcl8.4.18-src.tar.gz from the ftp site. This did not resolve the problem.

Any ideas on what or where I need to look.

Thank you
Gary Douglas