[rancid] hp procurve problem - hlogin works - rancid-run fails

Per-Olof Olsson peo at chalmers.se
Tue Jun 4 19:18:30 UTC 2013

Klavs Klavsen skrev 2013-06-04 16:57:
> I am trying to backup a hp procurve 2520.
>
> using rancid 2.3.6 (I tried updating hlogin to v2.3.8).

Don't just update hlogin! Try to use hrancid and hlogin form about the same version.

I think there is an update in 2.3.7 to make "save config on exit" to work. It changing "exit" to "logout".
If hrancid 2.3.6 match for "exit" at end, and get "logout" from hlogin 2.3.8
it will not find "End of run"

Test "hrancid -d 10.10.15.96" and see if it gives any info.

> When running:
> /usr/libexec/rancid/hlogin -c "show version;show flash;show system-information;show system information;show module;show
> stack;write term" 10.10.15.96
>
> it seems to work fine. It logs in, runs the commands, and after a few seconds (and a lot of output :) - it writes exit etc. and
> gets out just fine.
>
> When I then run rancid-run - I see it has spawned that exact command, but there it appearently fails - because the log says:
> Trying to get all of the configs.
> 10.10.15.96: End of run not found
> ;
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 1.
> 10.10.15.96: End of run not found
> ;
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 2.
> 10.10.15.96: End of run not found
> ;
> =====================================
> Getting missed routers: round 3.
> 10.10.15.96: End of run not found
> ;
> Getting missed routers: round 4.
> 10.10.15.96: End of run not found
>
> Any ideas as to what I could do, to try to debug it?

/Peo
Per-Olof Olsson               Email: peo at chalmers.se
Chalmers tekniska högskola    IT-service
Hörsalsvägen 5                412 96 Göteborg
Tel: 031/772 6738  Fax: 031/772 8680