[rancid] Support for the Cisco SF300

Morten Nielsen morten at dintid.dk
Mon Jul 8 17:18:52 UTC 2013

Jun 30, 2013, 1:26 PM, alan.mckinnon at gmail wrote:

> Does csbrancid support -d like regular rancid does? If so

> csbrancid -d >hostname>

> let it complete and a full log is left in the current directory. It

> usually has enough info for you to figure out why it failed.

I werent even aware of this feature, but after testing it, I can say it does not.

Doing a -d using clogin I did get some more usefull info though, which corresponds wih my findings that it is an SSH issue between my rancid and the switch.

Jul 1, 2013, 1:23 AM, howie at thingy wrote:

> You downloaded a csblogin/csbrancid (which RANCID is using), but you

> are testing using clogin (the regular Cisco version). To see what's

> going on, try using the same login program RANCID is! :-)

> bin/csblogin sg300-10p

> It might be a start, at least...

I weren't aware of the csblogin thingie as I'm total linux newbie, but the issue is the same nonetheless.

I'm rather confused as I can log into the device using telnet using either "clogin" or "csblogin" either way.

After I asked the first question I found that it is propably some SSH issue between rancid and my switch, as it works fine using just telnet.

Jul 1, 2013, 9:15 AM, heas at shrubbery wrote:

> are they not using the usual IOS cli?

Not entirely. The commands are % 90+ but not all IOS.

My SG200 don't have any cli access at all, which is even worse.

Cli reference /adm guide.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3431571-112802/300%20series%20CLI%20firmware%201.1.pdf