[rancid] F5 backups are only working for some hosts via cron, but always manually

Stephan Seitz stse+ancid at fsing.rootsland.net
Wed Dec 4 16:22:50 UTC 2013

Hi!

I have two F5 clusters, bigip2a/bigip2b and bigip3a/bigip3b.
If I start rancid-run for these four hosts manually all four hosts are
backuped without problems. But if rancid-run is launched via cron I get
error messages for the two b systems (bigip2b and bigip3b).

The rancid log shows messages like:
bigip3b: found unexpected command - "bigpipe list"
bigip2b: missed cmd(s): ls --full-time --color=never /config/ssl/ssl.crt,ls --full-time --color=never /config/ssl/ssl.key
bigip3b: missed cmd(s): ls --full-time --color=never /config/ssl/ssl.crt,ls --full-time --color=never /config/ssl/ssl.key
bigip3b: End of run not found

Why don’t I have the same errors if I run „rancid-run bigip3b”? And how
can I fix it?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--