[rancid] hrancid patch to ignore legal disclaimer

Mika Tiainen mikat at iki.fi
Tue Apr 9 15:00:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

We upgraded our 2610 series Procurves to R.11.98. In this software "show
tech transceivers" (or any other "show tech" command) is prefixed with
this funny legal disclaimer:

,----
| XXX# show tech transceivers
| ATTENTION: You are entering a diagnostic mode on this product that is HP
| Confidential and Proprietary. This mode, the commands and functionality
| specific to this mode, and all output from this mode are HP Confidential
| and Proprietary. You may use this mode only by specific permission of, and
| under the direction of, an HP support engineer or HP technical engineer.
| Unauthorized or improper use of this mode will be considered by HP to be
| unauthorized modification of the product, and any resulting defects or
| issues are not eligible for coverage under the HP product warranty or any
| HP support or service.  UNAUTHORIZED OR IMPROPER USE OF THIS MODE CAN
| MAKE THE PRODUCT COMPLETELY INOPERABLE.
|

| transceivers
|
| Transceiver Technical Information:
|  Port # |   Type    | Prod # | Serial #        | Part #
`----

I assume that, in some future update, it might get added to other
Procurve software families too. Here is a small patch for hrancid to
ignore the disclaimer part in "show tech tranceivers" output: