[rancid] Dell Switches with "K" in the host name fail

Fleming, Graham gfleming at srk.com
Tue Apr 2 16:00:15 UTC 2013

Thanks Matej! I had seen this already but couldn't figure out why it was there.

For some reason when running drancid on certain Dell Powerconnect switches, "[K" gets prepended the prompt. This line seems to be trying to remove that "[K".

I got rid of the K but now certain switches have "K" prepended.

I'm not very good with Perl but this is my fix and I think it works:

            $prompt =~ tr/\033\\\[//d;
            $prompt =~ s/^K//d;