[rancid] Ironport anti-spam appliance support

Scott Brynen scott.brynen at visioncritical.com
Thu Sep 13 17:02:21 UTC 2012

This isn't a problem with the script itself, but a problem with the rancid install as a whole.  You should be able to go into the bin directory and try running

./iplogin -c"showconfig;exit" <nameofdevice>
and make sure you're running it as the rancid user

The error messages you've quoted look like they're not from RANCID, as RANCID doesn't play with NET-SNMP at all, the only one that does appear to be RANCID is the "cvs [status aborted]: cannot open file ironport for comparing: Permission denied"

Anybody else tried it?