[rancid] jlogin not using ssh key

Hinote, Willie Scott. (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] willie.s.hinote at nasa.gov
Wed Nov 28 17:52:32 UTC 2012

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately this did not work exactly as prescribed but I did find a solution. For anyone else who may be experiencing this issue you need to have at least one character entered on the add password line. During testing I tried a number of different letters, numbers and symbols; all worked. Even adding up to 6 characters worked with no errors (I am sure more would work but I did not test). If you add the braces you must include a character between the braces and spaces do not work with or without the braces. My test Juniper is running JUNOS 10.4R2.6. My lab equipment is limited so I am not able to test with other JUNOS versions to see if it is version specific.

I tested by executing:
/usr/libexec/rancid/rancid-run JUNIPER
/usr/libexec/rancid/jlogin router X.X.X.X
/usr/libexec/rancid/jlogin -f /opt/rancid/.cloginrc router X.X.X.X

All tests completed without errors.

.cloginrc
--
add identity	X.X.X.X		/opt/rancid/.ssh/id_rsa
add password	X.X.X.X		1

 Hopefully this helps anyone else who may be stuck on this issue.