[rancid] Failure logging in to HP Procurve switches

Meyers, Dan d.meyers at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 31 10:10:12 UTC 2012

> You're probably running into a bug in hpuifilter that manifests on certain
> versions of glibc on 64-bit Linux.
>
> Have a look at this message in February for a patch:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rancid/users/6202
>
> (Though I accidentally reversed the patch.)

Thanks for this, it does look like my issue :) However as I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with rancid from packages I'm only on 2.3.2, not whatever version that patch was written for. The code in those areas of hpuifilter.c is somewhat different, making use of strcpy not memcpy/memmove, with surrounding lines having changes as well. For the time being, as it's only a few (5) switches that are not often altered, I'll do manual backups. When 12.04 has its first point release in July I'll upgrade to that, which will give me rancid 2.3.6, then have another look at your patch if I'm still having issues.

Dan