[rancid] F5 BIG-IP devices - any tricks?

Colin Stubbs cstubbs at gmail.com
Tue May 1 07:59:27 UTC 2012

Hmm, looks like gmail is spam dropping some of this list for me. This
is the first email that came thru re: this subject :-(

Given I wrote the first patch I'm happy to get cracking on updating
it. I have actually already been doing various things related to that
due to working with BIGIP v11.

There's a bit that needs to change for v11 - anyone else on the list
using it yet and need to monitor devices with it ? bigpipe command
will no longer work and TMSH command syntax is sufficiently different
to bigpipe that they're basically different device types. Would need
fork f5rancid into two different types, provide a configuration option
to specify version, or auto-detect v11 or < v11 and use a different
command set based on that.

Suggestions ?

-Colin

cstubbs @ gmail . com [smtp, g+, fb, msn]