[rancid] Rancid 2.3.8 and multiple vendor devices

Gareth Hopkins gabbawp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 08:36:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've upgraded some of our rancid instances to 2.3.8 and am seeing the following issues.

When polling fortigate devices, I get the following

<snip>

$ fnlogin fortigate_device
fortigate_device
spawn ssh -p  -c 3des -x -l rancid fortigate_device
Bad port ''

Error: Couldn't login: fortigate_device

</snip>

So ssh is connecting with a port but there is no port specified in my .cloginrc file.

<snip>

add method *            {ssh} {telnet}

</snip>

When I add a ssh port fortigates start working, but junipers then break.

.cloginrc file is now

add method *            {ssh:22} {telnet}

<snip>

$ jlogin juniper_device
juniper_device

Error: unknown connection method: ssh:22

</snip>

It seems that either fnlogin or jlogin is not reading the port settings from .cloginrc correctly ?

Cheers,

Gareth