[rancid] Rancid - SSH and AD auth

Andy Townsend me at andytownsend.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 15:30:47 UTC 2012

Firstly thanks to the guys who helped me previously. I've now got a copy of
Rancid up and running.

Currently we just use telnet and local pwd's for accessing the switches but
I'm looking at changing this to SSH and AD/Radius authentication.

Now from what I can see, SSH should be fine and I'm presuming the AD auth
will be ok as well. As long as rancid has a domain account it can use, the
username/pwd are specified in .cloginrc then it should be all ok?

Just wondering if anyone has set it up like this in the past? I think it
should be all ok, just wanted to double check and see if there were any
major gotchas.

Cheers,
Andy