[rancid] Palo Alto Networks Firewalls Support

Peter Jackson peterjackson1610 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 22:04:48 UTC 2012

I saw one post from 2008 about Palo Alto Networks firewalls.  Has anyone
gotten RANCID to work with them?  I've spent two days now and I'm not
getting very far.

I got palogin to work (re-worked clogin) and commands are sent to the
firewall, but parancid (re-worked rancid) doesn't seem to like the prompt.
The default prompt is username at hostname.  RANCID doesn't appear to care
about the @ but I'm not 100% on that.

I'll try again next week.  Have a nice weekend!