[rancid] Opengear console servers and RANCID

Toby Smith toby.smith at opengear.com
Wed Jun 13 05:02:18 UTC 2012

For those interested, I've managed to get this to work without having to
add a new device type for cisco devices via an opengear console servers.

What I've done for now is add an expect wrapper around ssh (that can be
configured as an "sshcmd" for the devices) that handles the
idiosyncrasies that I ran into before.

This should also open up a door to using an RANCID to monitor a whole
range of devices (not just cisco ones) via an opengear console server.

--Toby