[rancid] .cloginrc identity still asking for password + hlogin timeout...

Michael Maymann michael at maymann.org
Wed Jan 25 17:03:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

Heasley: thanks for your quick reply... much appreciated...:-) !

2012/1/25 heasley <heas at shrubbery.net>

> Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 01:44:38PM +0100, Michael Maymann:
> > I still haven't gotten this to work...:
> > ---1---.cloginrc
> > -bash-3.2$ cat .cloginrc
> > add method * ssh
> > add user * USER
> > add identity * /COMPANY/site_home/USER/.ssh/
> > id_rsa
> > add password HOSTNAME {PASSWORD} {PASSWORD}
> > ---1---
> > ---2---just standard output
> > Press any key to continueHOSTNAME#...I PRESS <ENTER> HERE...
> >
> > Error: TIMEOUT reached
> > ---2---
>
> i didnt see a prompt for a password, so it'd seem that the key is working
> properly.

Isn't the "add user..." and "add password..." used for logging in...?
In my mind I should be able to remove the "add passsword..." line - but
when I do - I tells me "no password in .cloginrc" or similar (not at work
currently... so can't give you the specific error...)

> i dont like that it didn't echo the \r response to "press any...".  but,
> see autoenable in cloginrc(5).

No me either...:-) ! - is it possible from my strace to see where it goes
wrong, or can I run a specific command for better troubleshooting ?
Will take a look at cloginrc(5) tomorrow at work...

> > It seems to complain about some files missing, but maybe this is not the
> > root-cause...?:
>
> likely all optional config files and libraries or just the sequential
> search
> of the path with which the linker is configured.

Ok, so you don't think that this is causing me my problems ?

Thanks in advance :-) !
~maymann