[rancid] Motorola BSR1000

Marito ... me_gogorza at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:59:34 UTC 2012

Dear all,

After digging for a while, I was able to  get BSR 2K working.
Those characters, were matched at my bsrxlogin, and eliminated.

Then I made some test to make bsrrancid work with both BSR 64K & 2K, as when I tested it, it was failing because my 2K hung when page off was executed. So, I have assigned page on when it has to run 2K, and page off when running 64K, and seems to work fine.

BSR 2K needs login to get priviliges, so I have added login option at my .cloginrc.

This is my .cloginrc file for BSRx:

add user        cmts.bsr64k.*  backup
add password    cmts.bsr64k.*  <pass>    <pass>
add method      cmts.bsr64k.*  telnet ssh1
add autoenable  cmts.bsr64k.*  1
add noenable    cmts.bsr64k.*  0

add user        cmts.bsr2k.*   backup
add password    cmts.bsr2k.*   <pass>    <pass>
add loguser     cmts.bsr2k.*   backup
add method      cmts.bsr2k.*   telnet
add login       cmts.bsr2k.*   1

Both scripts (attached), were modified from bsrlogin and bsrrancid

Hope this helps someone else.
Regards.