[rancid] SSH public-keys

Michael Maymann michael at maymann.org
Wed Jan 11 16:50:01 UTC 2012

Hi Shouldbe,

Sorry for not stating this... busy day at work...:
tried to change "show system-information" -> "show system" to hrancid but
still:
hlogin -c "sh ver" <HOSTNAME>
is "hanging"...

So it seems I have run into 2 problems:
1. trying to use hlogin with ssh-key-share (add identity * id_rsa)
configured to .cloginrc is still giving an error about password is missing
in .cloginrc. "ssh user at host" is working fine with key-sharing
(password-lessly)...
2. hlogin is "hanging" also if I use username/password directly in
.cloginrc and even if I make the modifications to hrancid (stated above...)

Am I using this wrong somehow, as it works for you...?
Shouldbe: can you provide your .cloginrc and a tar of rancid-bin-dir (where
hlogin/hrancid etc is located)... and perhaps give examples of how you use
the tool to run commands on HP ProCurve equipment.
Heasley: is this an easy/quick fix or can you recommend anything else that
is working with both HP ProCurve and Cisco equipment... ?

Thanks in advance :-) !
~maymann