[rancid] SSH public-keys

Michael Maymann michael at maymann.org
Mon Jan 9 14:14:50 UTC 2012

hlogin -w <USR> -c "sh ver" <HOSTNAME>:
---
<HOSTNAME>
spawn hpuifilter -- ssh -c 3des -x -l <USR> <HOSTNAME>
We'd like to keep you up to date about:
  * Software feature updates
  * New product announcements
  * Special events

Please register your products now at:  www.ProCurve.com

ProCurve J8697A Switch 5406zl
Software revision K.15.02.0005

Copyright (C) 1991-2010 Hewlett-Packard Co.  All Rights Reserved.

                           RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

 Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to
restrictions
 as set forth in subdivision (b) (3) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data
and
 Computer Software clause at 52.227-7013.

         HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY, 3000 Hanover St., Palo Alto, CA 94303

Press any key to continue<HOSTNAME>#
---
Just "hangs" there...

ssh <USR>@<HOSTNAME>:
---
We'd like to keep you up to date about:
  * Software feature updates
  * New product announcements
  * Special events

Please register your products now at:  www.ProCurve.com
          ProCurve J8697A Switch 5406zl
Software revision K.15.02.0005

Copyright (C) 1991-2010 Hewlett-Packard Co.  All Rights Reserved.

                           RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

 Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to
restrictions
 as set forth in subdivision (b) (3) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data
and
 Computer Software clause at 52.227-7013.

         HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY, 3000 Hanover St., Palo Alto, CA 94303
Press any key to continue
<HOSTNAME># sh ver
Image stamp:    /sw/code/build/btm(K_15_02)
                Oct 20 2010 16:19:41
                K.15.02.0005
                121
Boot Image:     Primary
<HOSTNAME># logout
Do you want to log out [y/n]? y
Connection to <HOSTNAME> closed.
---
So SSH is working fine...
I'm running Rancid 2.3.6... hlogin=$Id: hlogin.in 2251 2010-10-01 19:26:36Z
heas $
Could there be a problem with HP Procurve 5406zl hlogin script somewhere...
or can someone actually confirm this to be working on their 5406zl ?

Furthermore, I would like to run hlogin+clogin wihout having to configure
anything inside .cloginrc... is this possible somehow ?

Thanks in advance... :-) !
~maymann