[rancid] Cisco ASA 8.4.x - terminal width, width removed

oglumavd at gmail.com oglumavd at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:39:27 UTC 2012

All,

I recently upgraded ASA code to 8.4.x and noticed Rancid no longer
collecting configuration changes from ASA.  I looked around and couldn't
find solution, in the meanwhile I upgraded Rancid to  2.3.8 and I am still
unable to collect any configuration changes from ASA.

Error Summary:

rancid at r-svr:~$ /home/rancid/bin/clogin -c  'show clock' asa5520-fw1

asa5520-fw1

spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l user01 asa5520-fw1

user01 at asa5520-fw1's password:

Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.

asa5520-fw1> enable

Password: *************

asa5520-fw1#

asa5520-fw1# terminal length 0

                               ^

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

asa5520-fw1# terminal width 132

                               ^

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

asa5520-fw1#  show clock

14:13:13.513 PST Wed Feb 22 2012

asa5520-fw1#exit

Logoff