[rancid] expect-hack1 not applied to patched version of expect-5.4.3 on the FTP site?

Matthew J Wilson mwilson at northwestern.edu
Mon Aug 27 16:25:54 UTC 2012

Hi -

My read of the "O/S-specific information" section at
<http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/#osystems> is that "expect-hack1" should
be already applied to the expect-5.43.0.tar.bz2 file available from
<ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/>.  But when I download this file and
look at exp_chan.c , I don't see the line
fcntl(esPtr->fdin, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK);

added to sub ExpInputProc .

Has the unpatched version of exp_chan.c been incorrectly included in
expect-5.43.0.tar.bz2 ?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
Matt