[rancid] rancid login etc. for palo alto and silver peak

Hughes, Doug Douglas.Hughes at DEShawResearch.com
Tue Aug 14 14:23:00 UTC 2012

A few people have requested this, so I'm attaching the few hours of work I put into making the rancid login/auth/archive for SilverPeak and for PaloAlto devices. Both of these use ssh for authentication, but I didn't setup or test RSA key auth in either case. The SilverPeak has been tested with 'enable' mode. By default they ship with no enable password. (Apologies for the Windows style attachments.) Both have been copied from another script and modified, so there's probably quite a bit of cruft in there that doesn't need to be, but I  cleaned up the worst of it. I'm sure there are a lot of gratuitous regular expressions that could still be eliminated.

Here's what you need in rancid-fe:

%vendortable = (
   'silverpeak'        => 'silverrancid',
    'paloalto'          => 'panrancid',

You can figure our .cloginrc yourself, just don't forget the enable password for the silverpeak, if you have any. ;)