[rancid] New Device problem

Network Geni networkgeni at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:17:32 UTC 2011

Friends,

I have been trying to alter scripts to make them work with the chineese
router (maipu) but could not succeed. It has every thing similar to cisco
and CLI is also same as cisco but for some reason cisco scripts are not
working with it.

I am attaching running-configuration of the router and debugging info.

If someone can please tell me whats wrong in this device format due to which
cisco scripts are not working... or if someone is kind enough to alter the
scripts to make them work with this device. I only need to use rancid for
for configuration backup only.. No other commands are required.

I shall be really greatful.

Kind regards.