[rancid] Need some Help - F5's in RANCID

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 07:36:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Lee wrote:

> After seeing that the regularly scheduled rancid run failed to get
> several F5 configs this morning I ran it manually:
>
> export NOPIPE=YES
> rancid-run F5
>
> rancid collected all the configs & no errors in the log.  Crontab
> kicked off the rancid run later in the day & several F5s showed up in
> the log with the
> missed cmd(s): ls --full-time --color=never /config/ssl/ssl.crt,ls
> --full-time --color=never /config/ssl/ssl.key
>
> again, run rancid manually with NOPIPE=YES and everything works.
>
> Any thoughts on how to debug the problem would be appreciated since
> the standard debugging suggestion is to set NOPIPE and use the -d
> option.  I have yet to see rancid fail to get an F5 config if nopipe
> is set

In that case, in rancid.conf you can set NOPIPE permanently:

# if NOPIPE is set, temp files will be used instead of a cmd pipe during
# collection from the router(s).
NOPIPE=YES; export NOPIPE

Does that help?

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.