[rancid] Need some Help - F5's in RANCID

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Mon Jan 31 21:22:42 UTC 2011

>> You're doing anything wrong.  You'll probably find that you can 'rancid-run -r <dev name>' and have it backup properly.  I would recommend getting a good backup of the keys once and then comment out the lines in the command table.
>
>why?  what is special about the keys?

Wish I knew, they execute fine from command line (on F5) and even from a single rancid-run.  And as Chris mentioned, it worked for a while and then stopped.  A few other users I have spoken to about the problem have removed those lines and not bothered with it anymore.

Chris,

How many devices are you backing up at a time?  Mine is set to PAR_COUNT=12; (rancid.conf)