[rancid] Extreme Issues

Patty Luxton pluxton at antracnetworks.com
Wed Jan 19 20:42:33 UTC 2011

Hey there Chris,
I've been having some issues with this the past few days as well.  I tried
the expect version (and tcl) that rancid has posted to the ftp site, but ran
into more errors that without it.  I did have my 48si's running ExtremeWare
working just fine, but the expect hack broke the 48si's and did not resolve
the issue for the 8810s running XOS.
So I did some more digging and found this post from back in 2007.
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2007-May/002219.html

I used the patches for clogin and xrancid as described in the attachment.bin
listed on this post, and it worked well.  However, it will break any cisco
devices that use the clogin, so I actually made another copy of clogin and
called it xoslogin, then edited xrancid to use xoslogin rather than clogin.
All works fine now for both the xos and extremeware devices.

Hope this helps,
Patty