[rancid] clogin query

Chris Kilian chris.kilian at seccomglobal.com
Fri Jan 14 03:18:26 UTC 2011

Hi all

I have my rancid working almost totally correctly now with the exception of a few things. I have some devices that although they answer to ssh they are using a different port to 22, in the .clogin.rc file I have all the devices listed as

Add methos x.x.x.x {ssh}

Looking at the documentation it seems to say that you can use {ssh:-port} to specify a different port however when I do that I am getting the below in the log files.

Hostname  fnlogin error: Error: unknown connection method: ssh:-822

Anyone got any ideas?

Kind Regards

Chris Kilian