[rancid] Enterasys C-Series

Rob Yamry ryamry at kimberly.k12.wi.us
Tue Feb 22 02:14:16 UTC 2011

> What do your transaction logs say when you attempt to pull the configs via
> a rancid-run -r $YOUR_SWITCH?
>
> I find it's often enlightening when tracking this stuff down...

Hi-
  Thanks for the reply.  The logs show this:

Getting missed routers: round 4.
switch_enterasys: missed cmd(s): system show hardware,system show
version,system show active-config,system show uptime
switch_enterasys: End of run not found

The end of run not found is what Ive been seeing the whole time.  I tried to
modify a script (Im not a programmer) and put in some reg exp to look for
the end, but I couldnt get it working.

My goals for this is pretty simple....just get a config using the 'show
config'.  Im not sure if this helps, but the prompt for the cli on these
looks like "switch3(su)->" and the config ends with a literal "end".  Some
switches need the space bar pressed to advance the output.

Thanks again for your help.