[rancid] rancid with Fortigate FG100A

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 15:18:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 02 Feb 2011, Iñaki Martínez Díez wrote:

>  I have problems getting configs from fortigates:
>
> Version: Fortigate-5001FA2 3.00,build0670,080729
>
> Version: Fortigate-1000AFA2 3.00,build0416,070821
>
>  The problem is not getting complete config and the last lines are like
> these:
>
> --More--
> --More--

The console is in "more" (pager) mode.  You need to change it to standard
mode:

	gcd-fw # config system console

	gcd-fw (console) # set output standard

	gcd-fw (console) # end

	gcd-fw # show system console
	config system console
	    set output standard
	end

If you want it in "more" mode for your own usage, you might need to get the
rancid script to set it to standard, then take its config, then set it back
again.  A decent console app would probably achieve the same thing though.

Gavin