[rancid] support for D-Link switches, where to start?

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 10:35:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

we have a lot of D-Link switches which we'd like to use Rancid to version
the config of.  It appears that D-Link is not supported at the moment, but
I'm hoping I might be able to work on that a little.

Before I waste a lot of time:

1. Is anyone already working on this or does anyone know of something which
   is close to D-Link which could be massaged to work?

2. If I were creating, let's say dlrancid and dllogin, is there a
   particular current script that I should use as a template?

3. Are there any docs on how best to go about this?  Is there a procedure
   you guys would expect me to follow or is it just post clean, working code
   to the list?

Thanks in advance,
Gavin