[rancid] Problem with hpuifilter on RHEL6 and glibc-2.12-1.47.el6.x86_64

Andy Cobaugh phalenor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 19:54:33 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-23 at 19:46, heasley ( heas at shrubbery.net ) said:

> are you sure that your have rancid 2.3.6?  hpuifilter had been patched to
> avoid some internationalized string functions which didnt like the 8 bit
> chars of the screen handling codes.  perhaps something else has contracted
> this disease, but first please check that you really have 2.3.6.

That's what I thought at first, and we were running 2.3.3 before, so I
upgraded to 2.3.6 and saw the same behavior.

And indeed, we are running 2.3.6 in production:

$ /afs/bx.psu.edu/service/rancid/prod/bin/hpuifilter -v
hpuifilter: rancid version 2.3.6

$ /afs/bx.psu.edu/service/rancid/prod/bin/rancid-run -V
rancid 2.3.6

--andy