[rancid] Manual versionning

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Dec 20 09:08:45 UTC 2011

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Michel ERLICH wrote:

> It's not the real purpose of my question, but I'd say menu driven 3com
> devices like
>
> -3Com SuperStack 3 Switch 4200-
>
> which display :
>
> Menu options: --------------3Com SuperStack 3 Switch 4200---------------
>  bridge             - Administer bridge-wide parameters
>  gettingStarted     - Basic device configuration
>  logout             - Logout of the Command Line Interface
>  physicalInterface  - Administer physical interfaces
>  protocol           - Administer protocols
>  security           - Administer security
>  system             - Administer system-level functions
>  trafficManagement  - Administer traffic management
>
> Type  ? for help
>
> Actually, I already backed up the configuration file, and I just want
> CVS to "treat" it like if it was coming from a Cisco switch, (look up if
> it is different from the previous version, display it on CvsWeb, etc.)

wraprancid might be helpful:

  http://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/wraprancid

(note: while I modified Michael Stefaniuc's original wrancid, I don't
actually use wraprancid day to day :).

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.