[rancid] HP Procurve 2810 with rancid v2.3.1

Ian Stong istong at costar.com
Thu Sep 30 16:31:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get rancid v2.3.1 on freebsd to work with my HP procurve
switches using SSH.  When I use clogin it logs in but hangs at the Press
any key to continue prompt. And hlogin returns an error of:

hpuifilter: execlp() failed: No such file or directory
Error: Couldn't login

Is it possible to get this working under v2.3.1 of rancid?  I'm nervous
about upgrading to 2.3.5 and breaking something. Anyone have it working
with v2.3.1?

If upgrading is the only option, what is the recommended path to be able
to rollback if the upgrade doesn't go well?  Is it as simple as backing
up the /home/rancid directories or are there libraries and binaries
strewn throughout the system?

Thanks in advance

Ian