[rancid] sorting output from custom commands...

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Sep 29 19:57:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Jon Peatfield wrote:

> I plan to simply filter those out since the information isn't useful to
> me and we only see them if rancid happens to poll the switch right after
> a handset is connected.
>
> I'll be happy to contribute what I end up with if anyone else wants
> this.

I'm interested, although working in a different environment (H3C/3Com and
Mitel handsets).

Also, I think your discussions about sorting some of the lines in the
command output helps me with something else I was idling around with a
while ago, so I've saved that and will take another look with the comments
in mind.  I never did really understand properly what ProcessHistory does,
behyond the very basic, so that brief explanation from John was useful in
itself.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Computing Officer
Information Services, The University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.