[rancid] hlogin hangs after "Press any key"

Mathias Wolkert tias at netnod.se
Tue Sep 28 08:39:59 UTC 2010

Hi all

I'm new to rancid and have an issue.
All ciscos, quaggas and brocades are working as expected and I'm very happy.
Unfortunately I have a bunch of procurves and can't get them in line.

I run debian lenny and the provided package rancid-core-2.3.2~a8-4.
I just dl:ed rancid-2.3.5.tar.gz, compiled and tried the fresher hlogin with same result.

It logs in alright but hangs after the license banner and the "Press any key to continue"
with the prompt "hostname>" until it times out.

Google has not given me any help but my fingers are fairly big...

Any help is much appreciated.

/Tias