[rancid] Rancid problem using h3c switches

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 18:57:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> We've been using Rancid for our Cisco and Procurve switches, and since
> we bought a pair of H3C s5800, I'd like to use rancid for them as well.
>
> I followed the instructions here
> http://sites.google.com/site/jrbinks/code/rancid/h3c (thanks Jethro) and
> then I edited h3clogin to make sure the shebang pointed to the right
> location of expect.  But I can't get it to work yet.

I'll send you a new version privately, although I've never tested on S5800
I expect it should work.

Jethro.

> Here is what I get for the h3clogin command:
>
> [rancid at rancid bin]$ h3clogin -autoenable -t 5 -c "dis device" switch1
> atq-irf-1.atqlan.agri-tracabilite.qc.ca
> spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l manager switch1
> manager at switch1's password:

> * Copyright (c) 2004-2010 Hangzhou H3C Tech. Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
> *
> * Without the owner's prior written consent,
> *
> * no decompiling or reverse-engineering shall be allowed.
> *
>
> <SWITCH1>undo terminal monitor
> Info: Current terminal monitor is off.
>
> <SWITCH1>
> <SWITCH1>
> Error: TIMEOUT reached
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ugo

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.