[rancid] Everything is a change? (svn not committing?)

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Mon Oct 4 14:21:58 UTC 2010

 I've just made a new install of rancid 2.3.4 with a subversion backend.
It's picking up configs just fine every hour, but it doesn't seem to
commit changes to svn.

If I look in the logs, there are no errors, but if I run 'svn status'
from the var/$group directories, I get a list of files marked as either
modified or added. I also get a huge e-mail once an hour with the same
group of configs.

'svn update' in each group directory appears to fix it (until I set some
more devices from down to up), but is there anything that can be done to
make it work as expected?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Howie