[rancid] anyone have rancid working for a nexus 5000?

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 06:26:24 UTC 2010

I've got a work-around :)

On 11/1/10, john heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:
> Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 07:40:37PM -0400, Lee:
>> On 11/1/10, john heasley <heas at shrubbery.net> wrote:
>> > Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:34:27PM -0400, Lee:

>> > plz report that to cisco.  running a command that isnt supported on the
>> > platform should not cause it to disconnect the client.
>>
>> I don't think it's a cisco problem.  In the above example I did a
>> "clogin nexus5000-1" and then typed in "show version build-info all"
>> at the prompt.  Got the error msg & new prompt - no disconnect.
>
> you will have to try it with all of the preceeding commands too.

did - no problems.  Then I remembered that clogin adds a "term len 0"
when you give it a list of commands, so did that, repeated the
commands again & got the missing newline at the end out the 'show
version' output.   But no disconnect.

   ... snip ...
>> I must be especially slow today - what am I looking for?  Looking in
>> nexus5000-2.raw shows some extra "^M"s, but it's still the same as my
>> earlier example - no output:
>>
>> plugin^M
>>   Core Plugin, Ethernet Plugin^Mnexus5000-2# show license^M^M
>                                   ^ where the newline?
> so, show version is missing a newline at the end of it's output.

Yes & that's the problem - thanks!!  Adding a "term len 60" before the
"show version" and a "term len 0" after fixes it.  So my commandtable
now looks like this:
@commandtable = (
        {'term no monitor-force'        => 'RunCommand'},
        {'term len 60'                  => 'RunCommand'},       # -LR-
        {'show version'                 => 'ShowVersion'},
        {'term len 0'                   => 'RunCommand'},       # -LR-
        {'show version build-info all'  => 'ShowVersionBuild'},

Thank you!
Lee