[rancid] Adding "show interfaces status" to rancid

Niles, Stéphane (DSS\MAS) Stephane.Niles at gnb.ca
Tue May 25 13:25:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like to add the "show interfaces status" command to rancid. From what I can gather from previous postings, I will need to:

-        Modify %commands :
%commands=(
        'show interfaces status'          => "ShowIntStatus",  ...

-        Modify @commands :
@commands=(
        "show interfaces status", ...

-        Develop a new sub ("ShowIntStatus") to process/format the output

Is there any other (easier) way to accomplish this, or is this the recommended approach? Has anyone already developed a sub for this command that would be willing to share?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Stéphane