[rancid] Re: "Proxied" config backups

Flavio Vettori flavio at itplanet.tn.it
Thu May 20 14:03:14 UTC 2010

Great, this helped A LOT!

Anyway I've realized that I was completely wrong using cloginrc settings
with the new "usercmd" method (me dummy): looking at you example showed
me the Right Way, so with the correct syntax in config file I was
already done with the old patch.

Thank you so much.

Flavio

Il 20/05/2010 13.23, Martin Barry ha scritto:
> $quoted_author = "Flavio Vettori" ;
>
>> I would ask people here about the chance to use one rancid-managed
>> network box (in my case Cisco IOS devices such routers and switches) to
>> reach other boxes "behind" it and this way do the things rancid does so
>> well.
>>
>> I've already seen this post:
>>
>> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-May/001490.html
>>
>> and also this one:
>>
>> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2006-June/001550.html
>>
>> But it needs kind a coder to get that solution work and I couldn't
>> manage to after some hours of trying.
>>
> I set this up late last year.
>
> http://supine.com/weblog/tech/software/rancid_with_bzr_and_multihop.html
>
> Try that newer version of the patch and see how you go.
>
> cheers
> Marty

Flavio Vettori
*IT** Pl at net S.r.l - */Consulente// IT/

*flavio at itplanet.tn.it <mailto:flavio at itplanet.tn.it>***
+39 0461 349555