[rancid] Re: lrancid / llogin

Diego Ercolani diego.ercolani at ssis.sm
Tue May 4 07:13:50 UTC 2010

You have to verify that:
1. the user has a regular shell: ssh whitney at groucho give you a regular shell?
2. can you read the FILE you are trying to read ? (cat
/var/named/p/mydoitbest.com)
3. my script waits for the root prompt (#) so the timeout is related to this
issue. If you want to use a normal user you have to modify the script (llogin)
to accomplish this....
I use it in a production environment connecting to root user of debian/suse
workstations..... so It should work as is.  If you need more functionality you
should implement it and release to the community.
This is opensource.

Hope This Help
Diego
: > I've tried to use the lrancid scripts as well without luck.  Eventually, I