[rancid] Re: Is there any way to show uncommitted changes

David Krider david at davidkrider.com
Thu Mar 25 01:43:23 UTC 2010

On 03/24/2010 07:24 PM, john heasley wrote:
> Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 01:08:11PM -0700, Chris Gauthier:
>> I would be very interested in such a script!  I just don't have time to write it.
>
> for r in `cut -d: -f 1-3 */router.db | grep -i ':cisco:up' | cut -d: -f 1`
> do
> clogin -c 'write mem' $r
> end

Not to be obtuse, but what commands does rancid actually run normally? I
know it's at least "show run", but there's some extra there. I've tried
tracing the scripts, but I can't sort it out. I want to generate exactly
the same output as it's getting during a normal run (except to "show
conf"), so I can diff with the configs it's saving to the config
directory, with as little differences as possible.

dk