[rancid] Re: Controlling Version numbers in CVS

Gregers Paludan Nakman gpnster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 07:53:30 UTC 2010

< http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/cvs/revisions.html

< I believe the following command is what you are looking for:

<

<cvs commit -r 2 <file>

Hi Ron

I tried to use this command with one config file in the cvs. It worked J the
revision number was updated and everything looked good, until I looked in
the log files of rancid.

Rancid was not able to update the config files anymore. L I might have done
something wrong, but I don't know what.

John Heasley wrote to me:

"I know of no way to jump revisions in cvs or svn. "

So I guess that this feature is not available in Rancid (yet?)

Br

Gregers