[rancid] Re: Dell Switches

Anthony Trummer anthony.trummer at reachlocal.com
Mon Mar 15 20:25:46 UTC 2010

Thanks, turns out someone did two installs in different paths. I of
course was using the wrong one. My error has changed to a syntax error,
but hopefully I can track that down.

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 16:16 -0400, Ron Whitney wrote:
> > I did add :     'dell'              => 'drancid', in rancid-fe,
>
> Two quick thoughts.  First, I used the following in rancid-fe:
>         "dell" => "drancid dlogin",
>
> Second, make sure dlogin and drancid are both in the ~/bin (i.e.
> /usr/local/rancid/bin) and that both have the execute permission set:
>
> Chmod +x dlogin
> Chmod +x drancid
>
> This is working fine for my PC6024 and PC6224 switches.  Good luck.
>
> Ron

Anthony Trummer | Network Engineer
o 818.274.0260 ext 1228  |
21700 Oxnard Street  |  Suite 1500  |  Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/reachlocal
View our  Success Stories  |  Sample Reports